Grilled Hanger Steak with Green Harissa
- 9 oz hanger steak per person
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Canola oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach or baby chard
- 3/4 cup (about 1 ounce) packed fresh Italian parsley leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup toasted walnut halves
- 1 medium garlic clove smashed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
Directions for Hanger Steak
1) Generously season with salt and pepper.
2) Sear steak on all sides on high heat till has nice golden color.
3) Finish in oven at 400 degrees till done to likeness.
Directions for Harissa
1) Turn a gas burner on medium heat and char the jalapeño, turning frequently, until blackened and slightly collapsed. Transfer the jalapeños to a cutting board to cool slightly. Once cool enough, trim off the stems from the jalapeños and remove the seeds and ribs.
2) Combine the jalapeños with all the spinach, parsley, remaining 1/2 cup of the broth, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, lemon zest, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a food processor or blender and blend, scraping down the sides as needed, until smooth. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired. Transfer to a bowl and add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and stir to help loosen the sauce.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Faimly Pinterest Page