Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
- 8 slices of sourdough bread
- 2 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/3-1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 4 t unsalted butter
- 8 t blue cheese dressing (homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 cup caramelized red onion (see recipe below)
- 8 t unsalted butter (2 per sandwich)
- 8 slices emmental or gruyere cheese
- 4t mayonaise
- 4x pieces celery cut on a bias, toothpick garnish
- 1 red onion
- 3 t butter
Directions for Sandwich
1) You can either buy a rotisserie chicken or grill a couple of chicken breasts. once
cool enough to handle, shred, set aside.
2) Heat up buffalo sauce in a med pan, add butter, heat until melted, add shredded chicken.
1) Butter 8 pieces of bread on one side. Place butter side down on a parchment lined
2) On the other side of the bread, spread 1/2 t of mayo per slice. Place one slice of cheese on every other piece of bread.
3) Place 1/2 cup of shredded chicken on top of the cheese (4 pieces). place 2
tablespoons of blue cheese dressing on top of chicken, then top with another slice of
4) Close the sandwich with the butter side of the bread on the outside, mayo side on the cheese. Gently press the sandwich together.
1) In a cast iron or non stick pan, heat on medium heat, melt 1 t butter (per side-2
per sandwich) . pan fry the sandwich until golden brown, 3-5 min, flip and repeat on
2) Place in a preheated 350 degree oven until heated through, approx 3-4 minutes.
3) Remove and place on a cutting board. cut on a bias and serve each piece skewered with a celery slice and toothpick.
Directions for Caramelized Onions
1) Halve onion through the root then thinly slice on a mandoline or with a sharp
knife into half moons.
2) Cook in a cast iron or non stick pan on low with a little oil, stirring every few minutes until you reach a golden brown color, approx 20 min.
3) Finish with butter.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page