Directions for Eggplant Dip
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or unbleached parchment paper
2) Prick the eggplant with a fork in a few places all around to allow steam to escape while cooking. Put the eggplant on the lined sheet pan and bake for 40 to 45 mins. or until very tender. Remove from oven and place the hot eggplant on a large plate lined with paper towel to cool and drain.
3) When cool enough to handle, remove the stems and slice each eggplant in half. Peel the eggplant and use a spoon to scrape any remaining pulp from the skins. Discard the skins and scrape away as many seeds as possible from the pulp. Transfer the pulp to the bowl of a food processor or high-performance blender. Add the onion, garlic, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olives. Blend together until just combined. Then, with the motor running, slowly drizzle the olive oil into the mixture, blending until it resembles cream of wheat or hummus. Eggplants tend to have a naturally creamy consistency, so you may not need to add all the olive oil. Alternatively, if you wish to have a looser consistency, you may add more oil, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach the desired consistency.
4) Transfer the eggplant mixture to a large bowl and fold in the parsley. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to a full day, so that the flavors can come together. Just before serving, sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese (if using) on top as a garnish. Serve with oven-warmed or grilled pita bread or a selection of fresh vegetables for dipping
Directions for Fava Bean Dip
1) Put ingredients into processor and mix together.
Direction for Tzatziki
1) Coarsely grate the cucumber using a box grater or food processor and toss with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Place the grated cucumber in a fine-mesh sieve set over a bowl and drain for 10 minutes. Working in batches, a handful at a time, squeeze as much remaining water from the cucumber as possible, transferring the drained cucumber to a medium mixing bowl.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients along with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and mix well.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page