1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except bread and onion) and mix with your hands until all ingredients thoroughly combined. Do not over mix.
3. In a medium sauce pan saute the onion until translucent.
4. Transfer the meat mixture from the bowl to the pan and combine with the onion and cook on medium heat for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and fill pretzel bun with meat-pomegranate mixture.
6. Add garnish to top it off.
* Tip: You can also make this with brioche bun or toasted pita.