- 1 1/2 pounds squid, cleaned, bodies cut into rings.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Pinch red pepper flake
- 4 anchovy filets
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can organic tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1 pound gluten-free linguini or apaghetti (preferably brown rice pasta;brand Tinkyada)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large saucepan, heat olive oil. Add shallots, garlic and red pepper flake. Saute for 2 minutes, turn the heat down to prevent burning.
2. Add the anchovy and let it dissolve in the oil.
3. Add white wine and clam juice and let it cook down for about 5-6 minutes.
4. Add tomato sauce and all but one tablespoon parsley to the pan.
5. Cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
6. While the sauce is cooking bring a large pot of water to a boil.
7. Add a handful of salt to the water.
8. Cook brown rice pasta a few minutes under what the cook time is on the package.
9. When done cooking, strain the noodles and run under cold water to stop the cooking
and remove the starch. Set aside.
10. Next, add the calamari to the sauce and cook for 3-4 minutes.
11. Add sauce to the pasta, reserving some for topping the pasta. Mix well.
12. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve
Get more recipes from Alex Thomopoulos here: www.against-thegrain.com.