Glamp-In Desserts Tamara Berg's Chocolate Cake with Ganache and Fresh Strawberries
• Pick a generic chocolate or devil's cake recipe, 'cause I used a mix! Use whatever chocolate mix is your favorite. • Add 1 tablespoon espresso powder (incorporated into the water added to the mix) Add 1 tsp. cinnamon.
Then make chocolate ganache:
1 cup heavy whipping cream 12 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped 3 T liquor (optional
• Place chocolate in a heat-safe glass bowl (Pyrex). • Heat cream in a pan on medium-high on the stove until it begins to boil. Pour hot milk over the chocolate, and stir carefully until smooth and glossy and silky. Add liquor. • Let ganache cool and pour over cake. The longer you let it cool, the thicker the glaze, so I let mine cool for at least ten minutes. • Slice strawberries ½" thick and arrange in outward concentric circles to form a rose design. • Refrigerate before serving. Cristina's Mocha Chocolate Pudding Shooters
1 3.9 oz Instant Jell-O Chocolate Mix ¾ cup milk 4 Tps Espresso Powder 1 ½ cup whip cream Recipe
• Place pudding mix and milk in a bowl and whisk to combine. Let cool.
• Dissolve espresso powder in milk and whisk into pudding mix. • Fold in whip cream until no streaks remain. • Fill a pastry bag with pudding mix and fit with preferred tip and pipe into glass with whipped cream and chocolate shaving garnish. Laura Nativo's Pizzele (Italian Cookies!) and Gelato
1 cup Butter 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract 3 teaspoons Anise Extract 2 cups Sugar 4 ⅓ cups All-Purpose Flour 3 teaspoons Baking Powder Cooking Spray 1 cup Powdered Sugar
• Beat the eggs until smooth. Melt the butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan on low heat. • Allow the butter to cool briefly while you blend and mix the sugar, vanilla and anise extract into the eggs. • Add the melted butter into the mix, sift the flour and baking powder onto the mix and blend vigorously to ensure uniformity. Spray waffle iron with cooking spray prior to use. • Dust cooled pizzelles with powdered sugar prior to serving.