Pumpkin Pie with Gingersnap Crust
- ¾ cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 ½ tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 (12-ounce/340-g) can evaporated milk
- ¾ cup (165g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1) Preheat oven to 375
2) Combine the cookie crumbs, granulated sugar, and melted butter in a 9-inch pie pan, pressing it into the bottom and sides. Bake for 5 minutes. Let it cool completely.
3) Combine the pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, eggs, cornstarch, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk until combined. Pour the filling into the crust.
4) Bake for 1 hour, or until the pie is firm and has turned slightly golden on top. Let it cool completely before serving.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page