Gingerbread Stout Ice Cream
- 2 qt. high quality eggnog
- 2 c. Cream
- 1can sweetened evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tsp ground gingered
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2c molasses
- 4 c. Broken up ginger snaps
- 1 pint dark ale
Mix ale and molasses and reduce on stovetop by 50%. Cool in the refrigerator. In to a large bowl put the eggnog, cream, condensed milk, spices and salt. Mix with a whisk until all is incorporated. Once your ale is cold, mix that in. Churn in your ice cream maker according to directions. Once ice cream is thick add crushed cookies (you may need to divide this base in half if your machine only has a 1-1.5 quart capacity). Serve right away or transfer to freezer proof container, cover and freeze. Let the ice cream sit out for 5-10 minutes to soften before serving.
* Serving suggestions: top with ginger snaps, or make an ale float with a scoop of this ICECREAM in some dark ale!
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page