Directions for Dumplings
1) Mix together flour, salt, white pepper, and nutmeg. Beat eggs well, and add alternately with the milk to the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
2) Press dough through spaetzle maker, or a large holed sieve or metal grater.
3) Drop a few at a time into simmering liquid. Cook 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
4) Saute cooked spaetzle in butter or margarine. Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley on top, and serve.
Directions for Beef Goulash
1) Heat the oven to 275 F.
2) Melt the lard in a Dutch oven (we use this enameled cast iron Dutch oven) over medium-high heat. Toss in the chopped onion and let it sizzle in the hot fat until it releases its fragrance and turns translucent, about 4 minutes. Turn down the heat to medium-low and continue cooking the onion, stirring from time to time, until the onion browns and begins to caramelize at its edges - about 20 minutes further.
2) Stir the paprika and caraway seeds into the onion, and then stir in the cubed beef, stirring constantly to prevent the paprika from burning. Cook the beef in the onions and spices about 4 minutes, then stir in the beef bone broth and vinegar. Cover the pot and transfer it to the oven. Allow it to cook in the oven until the beef is tender, about 2½ to 3 hours.Download the Home & Family Holiday Cookbook Here
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page