Game Day Snacks
- 1 pound ground lamb
- ½ cup chopped mint
- ½ cup chopped garlic
- 2 oz olive oil
- 1 tbl lemon zest
- ¼ pound parsley
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- ½ pound feta cheese
- 1 cup tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tbls harissa
- 2 tbl tahini
- 1 package of pita bread
- 4 Bunches of green kale, chopped coarsely
- 1 cup goat cheese
- ½ cup of greek yogurt
- 2 english cucumbers, sliced round in ¼ inch circles.
- 4 links of bratwurst sausage
- 16 oz beer of your choice
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3 large onions sliced thin, caramelized until 1 cup
- 1 tube crescent roll dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
Directions for Pita Chips
1) Cut each pita into 6 pieces and bake in a 350 degree oven until crispy.
2) Leave on the baking tray. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and add the garlic.
3) When translucent, add the ground lamb and cook through.
4) Remove from heat, add the mint and lemon zest, and spoon over the top of the pita chips.
5) Blend the hummus and parsley together until smooth, and spoon over the top of the meat.
6) Crumble the feta cheese over the top of the meat and broil until the cheese melts.
7) Remove from broiler.
8) Mix the tomato and harissa in a small bowl, and place intermittently over the “nachos”.
9) Drizzle the tahini all over as well, garnish with parsley and mint leaves and serve.
Directions for Kale and Goat Cheese Dip
1) In salted boiling water, blanch the kale until very tender.
2) Remove from water and shock in ice water. Strain and squeeze out any extra liquid.
3) In a blender, add kale, goat cheese and yogurt and blend until smooth.
4) Serve in a bowl with cucumbers to dip.
5) Also can be served with toasted baguette crostinis
Directions for Brats in a Blanket
1) Put brats, cherries and beer in a sauce pot and gently heat until boiling.
2) Remove the brats, strain and save the cherries and retain the liquid.
3) Blend the cherries and onions in a blender until smooth, adding the cooking liquid to facilitate the blending (about an ounce or 2).
4) Remove the dough from its tube.
5) On each triangle, spread a teaspoon of the cherry onion mix.
6) Place ½ a brat on the spread and roll the sausage up in the dough.
7) Continue until all brats are wrapped.
8) Brush with egg, sprinkle with poppy seeds and bake in a 350 degree oven until browned and crispy.
9) Cut into bite size pieces or serve whole immediately
Get more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Get to know more about Chef Eric's restaurant at GreenspansGrilledCheese.com