Fran's House Chicken
- 4 single organic, pasture raised chicken breasts (Serves 4-6)
- 1 tablespoon of organic virgin olive oil (to coat baking dish)
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard, (Grey Poupon Dijon is what I use)
- 1 tablespoon of basil pesto (I use Basiltops dairy free pesto)
- 1/3rd of a cup of organic, extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/2 to a whole squeezed organic lemon
DIRECTIONS FOR CHICKEN:
1. Prep the chicken by cutting into small, thin pieces
2. Use the olive oil to coat the baking dish or broiler pan
3. Plop the chicken in the dish
4. Next, schmear the mustard until both sides of the chicken breast pieces are fully covered (the mustard is where all the flavor comes from so spread liberally)
5. Add the pesto on top of the dijon coated chicken schmearing it over all the pieces with a spoon
6. Shove pan in the toaster oven on broil for 10 minutes or until you start smelling it throughout the house! When you smell it, check it. Best part is you don't even have to flip it!
7. Remove from oven to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Remember chicken continues to cook after you take it out of the oven. You can always cook it more but you can’t uncook it. Plus nobody likes dry, overcooked chicken; not even Samson!
8. Serve warm, room temperature or cold. Great on salad, in a sandwich, cut into pasta, served with a side of vegetables or as a quick protein snack! My fridge is never without Fran's House Chicken.
DIRECTIONS FOR HOMEMADE DRESSING:
1. Whisk together ingredients and toss over
2. organic sorted greens such as: mache lettuce, radicchio, endive, baby romaine, baby kale
3. English cucumber
4. purple carrots thinly sliced
5. yellow heirloom tomatoes.
Get more from Fran Drescher at CancerSchmancer.com
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.