Foodie Gardener Marinated Carrot Salad
- • 1 lb peeled Carrots cut into ⅛" slices
- • ⅓ cup olive oil
- • 4 cloves of smashed garlic (if you want to remove after heating in oil), or dice to keep in salad
- • ⅓ cup fresh parsley- chopped
- • 1/2 - 1 teaspoon of salt to taste
- • 1 Tbsp Cumin
- • 1 Tbsp Paprika
- • 1/4 cup fresh squeezed Meyer lemon juice ( or other flavorful lemon)
- • 1/4 cup Pine nuts
- Boil carrots in salted water until tender but not soggy. (15-20 minutes). Put carrots in cold water to stop cooking. Drain.
- In a skillet, heat oil and sauté garlic cloves for up to 4 minutes to infuse oil with garlic flavor.
- Remove the garlic, or if you prefer to keep it, that's okay.
- Add the carrots, lemon juice, parsley and spices and sauté for three minutes to mix ingredients.
- Top with Pine nuts and fresh parsley sprigs.
- Remove from heat and serve warm or cold.
- The salad tastes more flavorful the next day after it has had time to marinate.
- Enjoy as a side dish, rolled in a flour tortilla with Feta cheese, or with your sunny-side up eggs!