Firehouse Steak Salad
- 4 Rib Eye Steaks
- Steak Seasoning Mix
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- smoked salt
- black pepper
- grapeseed oil
- 5 cups Romaine, cleaned and chopped
- 2 Red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2x fresh corn ears, cleaned of silk and shaved off cob
- 1 15 oz can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup prepared pico de gallo
- 1/3 cup toasted pepitas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Torn Cilantro and or Scallions to Garnish
- Crushed tortilla chips if desired for crunch
- Avocado Slices (Optional)
- 1/3 Cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp dried mexican oregano
- 1 small lime, juice and zest
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1 Tbsp of spicy brown mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Dressing
1) Whisk all ingredients in a bowl (excluding the oil). Once thoroughly mixed, slowly whisk in oil until it is fully incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning. If too thick add a couple tablespoons of warm water.
Directions for Salad
1) Bring steaks to room temperature, approx 20-30 min. Lightly oil & season steaks- grill on bbq or grill pan to medium. Cover loosely with foil and let rest 15 minutes. Slice thinly across grain or chop into 2x2 cubes. Drizzle a couple tablespoons of dressing onto the steak.
2) Lightly toss all of your ingredients (except for chips if using) in a large bowl. Pour dressing around the outermost circumference of the inside of the bowl so as to not over dress. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Plate Salad, top with crushed chips (optional) and add cooked steak. Serve with lime wedges and hot sauce on side.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page