Fiesta Chicken Bowls
- 1 store bought rotisserie chicken
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1-cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4-cup mayonnaise
- 2-canned chipotle peppers, in adobo sauce
- 2 TBS lime juice
- 1⁄2 TSP sugar
- 1 TSP Kosher salt
- 1 cup each Sharp Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 cups organic, mixed baby greens or torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups baby organic Roma or cherry tomatoes
- Store bought guacamole
- 1-cup organic mangoes (you can use frozen)
- 3 to 4 cups tortilla strips
- Your favorite salsa
- 1-cup sour cream
- Your favorite hot sauce
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups brown or white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 limes
- A generous handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 TBL Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB minced shallots
- 1 TBL minced fresh oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 TSP kosher salt
- Cracked fresh pepper
- 2 TBS chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
Directions for Chicken
1. Remove skin from the chicken and discard.
2. Remove all the meat from the bones and chop.
3. Place the chopped meat into a zip lock bag.
TIP: You can save the bones to make chicken stock.
Directions for Chipotle Avocado Cream
1. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Place the sauce in airtight plastic container and store in the refrigerator.
Directions for Salad
1. Place all the ingredients in individual plastic bags
Directions for Cilantro LImie Rice with Black Beans
1. In a medium-sized pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes, until garlic is soft and starting to turn clear.
2. Add rice and toast for 1-2 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and the juice of half the lime. Put the lid on the rice and simmer according to package directions, until rice is tender.
3. When rice is cooked, stir in black beans, cilantro, and juice from the other half of the lime.
4. Stir to combine and leave on the stove for a couple of minutes for the beans to heat through.
5. Cool and store in zip lock bag
Directions for Herbed Vinagrette
Whisk olive oil with the Dijon mustard until incorporated. Slowly add the lemon juice, then the shallot, oregano, salt, pepper, parsley, and basil leaves, and whisk well. Add the garlic. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use. Make sure to whisk the dressing again before you use it. Lasts up to 4 days in refrigerator.
Assemble Fiesta Bowl Game Day Platter
Plunge zip-lock freezer bag containing rice and beans into hot simmering water for 10 – 15 minutes (DON’T BOIL)
Warm burritos and wrap in towel; store in covered dish
Pour all salad ingredients into lettuce bag
• 4 cups organic, mixed baby greens or chopped romaine • Chopped chicken
• Shredded cheese
• 2 cups baby organic Roma or cherry tomatoes
• Store bought guacamole
• 1-cup organic mangoes (you can purchase frozen) • 3 to 4 cups tortilla strips
Add vinaigrette, seal bag and toss
Arrange warm rice and beans on platter
Pour salad over rice and beans
Garnish with fresh cilantro and chopped jalapeno
Spoon dollops of sour cream, guacamole and salsa around salad Squeeze zigzags of Chipotle cream across salad
Serve with frosty cold beer
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page