1. Cut one pound of bacon into small pieces. Cook bacon until fat has rendered off. Drain bacon fat, set bacon aside.
2. Thinly slice 4 yellow onions and place in a pot over medium heat. Add 1-2 teaspoons of butter.
3. Sauté onions in butter until they become a rich golden brown. Add additional butter while simmering if necessary.
4. Combine cooked bacon and caramelized onions.
5. Add whiskey to the mixture
6. After the whiskey has cooked off, add ¼ cup of brown sugar and chopped pickled jalapenos. (Jalapenos are optional. If you don’t like the heat/taste, simply omit from the recipe). Simmer over low heat until the mixture becomes thick and “jam like”. Add more brown sugar if necessary, to reach this level of thickness.
7. Remove from heat and add 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic glaze.
8. Serve atop your favorite hot dog and bun.