Fat Burning Foods with Christine Avanti
Fat Burning Foods:
Artichoke: Artichokes contain insulin, which is a type of carbohydrate that has been shown to decrease the hunger hormone gherkin.
Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper heats up the body and therefore is thought to increase metabolism. Chili pepper has a similar effect. Cinnamon: According to the USDA, consuming as little as a ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon with food helps the body metabolize sugar 20 times faster and lowers blood sugar levels. This means faster weight loss! Ginger: Ginger has been found to increase feelings of satiety. Seaweed: The property in seaweed that helps us lose weight is alginate, which lines the walls of the digestive system and prevents dietary fat from passing through. Tea: The caffeine in tea stimulates thermogenesis, the biochemical process by which fat in the body is burned to produce energy. Plus, tea has a fabulous antioxidant called EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) that provides fat burning activity. Vinegar: Vinegar helps lower blood glucose levels. Christine's Detox Tea
Only 4 calories per cup
1 Gram of carbs 0 Grams of fat Helps clean your body and reset Ingredients:
**All these ingredients are available at Whole Foods.**
- 3 oz. Peeled Fresh Ginger
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 Bags of Dandelion Root Tea
- 30 Drops of Artichoke Extract (30 Drops is the Equivalent of One Dose)
- 5 Cups of Water
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- In a large sauce pan, bring water and ginger to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags and cinnamon sticks.
- Cover and steep 15 minutes.
- Strain into a large pitcher.
- Add artichoke extract and lemon.
- Stir and chill in refrigerator.
- Enjoy throughout the day.
Get a copy of nutritionist, chef, and author Christine Avanti's book, "Skinny Chicks Eat Real Food," at www.christineavanti.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.