Fabio Viviani's Swordfish Livornese
- 1/3 Cup of olive oil
- 3 medium shallots finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - smashed
- 2 3/4 lb of swordsish loin steak, skin removed
- 2 cups of quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce or fish broth
- 1 cup of pitted kalamata olives sliced in half
- 2 tbsp of capers
- Few leaves of basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
This recipe is part of the Traditional regional cooking of Italy.
1. Heat the olive oil in a pan very quickly on medium fire. 2. Saute the shallots till completely caramelized, add the fresh Cherry tomato, the Olives, the Capers, tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste; let reduce for 5 minutes.
3. Using a little olive oil, rub the swordfish steaks on both sides and season them. Sear fish in pan.
4. In an oven pan set the swordfish steaks and cover them with half of the sauce, place in the oven at 425F for about 10-15 minutes until the fish is done and flaky
5. Top with remaining sauce and basil and enjoy!
For More Info On Fabio, And His Newsletter "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," - Go To Fabio's Website: www.fabioviviani.com.