Fabio Viviani's Spaghetti Romesco
- 1 lb. dried spaghetti noodles
- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 roasted red bell peppers (store-bought or homemade), chopped
- 1 jalapeño, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup roasted and salted cashews
- 2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ c. of cubed, day-old bread
Yield: 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large sauté pan, heat half of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add red peppers, jalapenos and shallots.
- Sauté two minutes, to soften the veggies and release flavors.
- Add cashews, paprika and sugar, and stir.
- Add tomatoes and garlic, then sauté for four minutes.
- Add spaghetti to the boiling water, and cook until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, pour red wine vinegar into the jar of a blender.
- Spoon in the sautéed vegetables, and puree, first on low, then on high.
- Check the consistency of the sauce, and add bread cubes as needed.
- Pulse until the sauce is smooth, adding more bread cubes until the right thickness is reached.
- Drain the spaghetti when done and toss with sauce, until coated.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve.
For more information on Fabio, his new cookbook, "Fabio’s Italian Kitchen," and his newsletter "Fabio’s Kitchen Academy," go to his website www.fabioviviani.com.
For more information on Fabio Viviani’s "Comfort Mats" by smart step home, go to www.smartstephome.com.
All Home and Family viewers can type this code in at checkout (online) to receive $20 off of their Comfort Mat purchase: The coupon code is: homeandfamily. Offer valid through May 9th.