Braised Short Ribs Ingredients:
• 4 cups shitake and oyster mushrooms cleaned and sliced
• 1 bunch thyme, wrapped in twine • 1 cup sliced shallots • ¼ cup tomato paste • 2 cups Red Wine • 1 can Root Beer • 8 cups veal stock • Drizzle of olive oil • 2 bay leaves • 5 cloves of crushed garlic • 3 lbs short ribs seared with salt and pepper
Braised Short Ribs Recipe:
To Add Short Ribs To Ravioli:
If you are going to make ravioli then remove the meat and vegetables from the sauce and let cool.
Once cooled you can add some sauce back to the meat and shred together. Place the filling in the ravioli ( Fabio’s fresh egg pasta dough recipe for ravioli below) and cook in salted boiling water for about 2 minutes.
Remove the pasta, and add to your sauce ( Recipe Below).
Plate and garnish with a drizzle of aged balsamic.
Fresh Egg Pasta Dough Ingredients:
• 10 egg yolks • Pinch of table salt • ½ tsp. ground black pepper • 2 tsp. olive oil • 2 cups flour
Fresh Egg Pasta Dough Recipe:
Sauce Ingredients & Directions: • 1 cup heavy cream
• 3 oz. Taleggio cheese
• Salt and Pepper to taste
Sauce For Cristina's Italian Feast Crab Ingredients:
• 2 cooked and cleaned Dungeness Crabs
• 1 shallot, chopped fine • 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine • 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper • salt and pepper to taste • 3 tablespoons thyme, picked and chopped • 3 tablespoons parsley, picked and chopped plus extra leaves for garnish • 2 tablespoons oregano, picked and chopped • 2 lemon, zested and juiced • 2 tangerines, zested and juiced • ½ cup butter • ¼ cup olive oil
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.
For more information on Fabio, and his newsletter "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," go to his website: www.fabioviviani.com.