Fabio Viviani's Seared Rib-Eye Steak with Olive Jus
- 2 bunches swiss chard, stems and ribs removed
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 shallots, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cups heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds Ribeye steak
- Olive oil
- 2 cups low-sodium beef broth
- Juice of 1 lemon, preferably Meyer lemon
- ½ cup pitted mixed olives
- 4 baguette slices, grilled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the chard to the boiling water and cook for 1 minute. Drain the chard into ice water and cool.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in a large cast iron pan. Add the shallots, garlic, and cook slowly until the onions are translucent. Add the cream; fold in the chard, and simmer, reducing the cream mixture until thick, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Season steak liberally with salt and pepper. Heat a large cast iron over high heat. Sear the steak without moving for 5 to 7 minutes on one side, then flip, and cook till desired doneness. Transfer the steak to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes. While the steak rests, combine the beef broth, lemon juice, and olives in the pan. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve chard under steak and top with sauce. Garnish plate with grilled baguette slices.
For additional recipes, get a copy of "Fabio's Italian Kitchen" at www.fabioviviani.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.