Fabio Viviani's Honey Brisket Sloppy Joe Ingredients:
• 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced • 2 tsp Chipotle Pepper in Adobo sauce • 1 lbs diced tomatoes, drained • 2 tsp chili powder • Salt and pepper to taste • 2 lbs chopped slow-cooked brisket • 2 cups Beef Broth • 2 tbsp Honey • 2 tbsp brown sugar • 4 whole buns split and warmed
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add bell pepper and chipotle and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, for 3-4 mins.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder and salt and cook, stirring for 1 min.
- Add brisket, broth, honey, brown sugar and stir well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 mins to meld flavors. Serve on warm buns.
Herb Kentucky Lime Salad Ingredients:
• 3 large Kentucky Lime lettuce
• 3 tbsp. basil • 3 tbsp. dill • 3 tbsp. chives • 3 tbsp. mint • 1 lime • 2 tbsp. olive oil • 1 can Sweet Corn • salt and pepper
- Separate 3 large head Kentucky Lime lettuce.
- Combine in a large bowl with 3 tablespoons each torn basil, dill, chives and mint.
- Toss with the juice of 1 lime and 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 can Sweet Corn drained and rinsed, and season with salt and pepper.
Fabio's cookbook, "Fabio's Italian Kitchen," is available at www.amazon.com. For more information on the chef and to subscribe to his newsletter, "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," go to www.fabioviviani.com.