Fabio Viviani's Honey Balsamic Tri-Tip, Fingerling Potato Salad, Charred Corn & Avocado
- 1 ½ lb. Tri-tip, cleaned and portioned into 4 steaks
- 3 ears of Yellow corn, roasted, kernels removed
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 bunches Green Onion, sliced on the bias
- 1 lb Fingerling potatoes, blanched and sliced in half on the bias
- 2 Shallots, minced
- ½ cup Mayo
- ⅓ cup Dijon Mustard
- 3 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 3 Tbsp Oregano, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅔ cup ketchup
- ½ cup honey
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Orange, zested and juiced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preparation time: 1 Hour
- To start, combine all ingredients for the sauce together, bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer. Cook until desired consistency is reached.
- Turn the grill to medium high fire and season the tri-tip with salt and pepper. Place on the grill and grill each side for 4-5 minutes for medium rare. Before flipping, baste with BBQ sauce, and once more before coming off the grill. Let rest for 2 minutes before cutting.
- Take next 4 ingredients [corn, avocado, tomatoes, green onion] and toss them together with salt, pepper and a touch of olive oil. Next, take the remaining ingredients and toss them together in a separate bowl.
- Place the potatoes on bottom, slice the meat and place on top in a row, then spoon avocado mix [Shallots, Mayo, Mustard, Parsley, Oregano, Salt & Pepper, Olive Oil] the opposite way of the beef.
Fabio's cookbook, "Fabio's Italian Kitchen," is available at www.amazon.com. For more information on the chef and to subscribe to his newsletter, "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," go to www.fabioviviani.com.