• 2 cups flour
• 1 cup grated parmesan • 1 tsp grated nutmeg • 1 tsp salt • 1 tsp black crushed pepper • 2 lbs cold, skinless Idaho or Russet Potatoes
- In a stand up mixer with paddle attachment mix 2 cup of flour with 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese, 1 tsp of grated nutmeg, 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of black crushed pepper, mix for few minutes till all the ingredients are combined.
- Add in the mixer 2 lbs of cold, cooked skin off, grounded or smashed Idaho or Russet potatoes till the dough is firm and not dry anymore.
- If too wet add a bit of flour until it wont stick to your finger anymore, you’ll need to be able to roll, cut, and cook the gnocchi without them being hard or falling apart as you roll them.
- Cook them in hot boiling water till they float and serve immediately. Enjoy.
Fabio’s Walnut Artichoke Pesto Ingredients:
• 3 garlic cloves
• ⅓ cup Romano Cheese • ⅓ cup freshly grated Parmesan • 1 lb. Artichokes, cleaned • 5 oz. Walnuts • ¼ to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil • 1 Lemon, Juiced and Zested • ½ bunch of Italian Parsley • Salt and Pepper
Put all ingredients, except oil, in a food processor and pulse to fully combine. Once combined, leave it on and add olive oil until a thick spread is formed. Adjust seasoning with Salt and Pepper. You should be able to scoop it with a spoon. Serve with Pasta or over Bread
Fabio's cookbook, "Fabio's Italian Kitchen," is available at www.amazon.com. For more information on the chef and to subscribe to his newsletter, "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," go to www.fabioviviani.com.