Fabio Viviani's Basil Linguine With Pecorino Broiled Tomatoes
- ¾ pound Linguine
- 3 large beefsteak tomatoes (about 1 ½ pounds) cut into ½ inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the baking sheet
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella, shredded
- ¾ cup grated pecorino
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup torn fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
Recipe by Fabio Viviani
- Heat broiler. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return it to the pot.
- Arrange the tomato slices in a single layer on a lightly oiled rimmed baking sheet. Season with salt and black pepper. Dividing evenly, sprinkle the slices with the mozzarella and Pecorino. Broil until the cheese is bubbly and golden, 5-6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, heat the oil with the garlic and red pepper over medium heat until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic oil, basil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper to the pasta and toss to combine. Bake in a oven proof plate for 5 minutes at 425 and Serve topped with the tomatoes, additional basil, and shaved Parmesan.
Fabio's cookbook, "Fabio's Italian Kitchen," is available at www.amazon.com. For more information on the chef and to subscribe to his newsletter, "Fabio's Kitchen Academy," go to www.fabioviviani.com.