FOR THE CRUST:
1. In a mixer, beat the butter on medium, then high speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1/4 c. sugar and beat until combined. Add pastry flour and hazelnuts and mix until well combined. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Press into the bottoms of eight 4 ½” springform pans.
2. To make one 9” or 10”, the crust will be thicker.
3. Bake in 350* oven for 13-15 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
FOR THE FILLING:
1. In large mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add 1 1/4 cups sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in cream and 1/2 cup flour until combined.
2. Divide batter into 3 separate bowls (2 cups in each). Stir espresso mixture into 1 bowl, melted chocolate into another and leave the remaining portion plain. Remove 8 Tbl. plain batter and set aside. Divide remaining plain batter among crust-lined pans. Top each with coffee batter, then chocolate batter. Dollop small amounts of reserved plain batter over each. Use a thin metal spatula to swirl batters together to create a marbled appearance.
3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until centers appear nearly set. Remove and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen sides of pans. Cool 30 minutes more. Remove sides of pans. Cover and chill 2-24 hours before serving. Makes 16 servings, 8 cakes, 2 servings each. For 9-10” pans increase baking time 45-50 minutes or until center appears nearly set.
4. To make ahead: To freeze cooled cheesecakes, remove from pans; wrap thoroughly in plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in refrigerator before serving.