Ellamarie’s Eggs Mornay
- 8 oz. Beemster cheese
- 3 oz. Manchego cheese
- 1 cup grated medium cheddar cheese, white cheddar preferred
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 3 mangoes
- 2 kiwis
- 1 tangerine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons turmeric (more of less to taste)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1-2 eggs per person
- 1 English muffin per egg
- 1 large ham steak to cut a piece for each muffin
- Spinach can be substituted for the ham if desired
- Remove and discard the rim on the Beemster and Manchego cheeses.
- Cut up the cheeses and put the pieces into a large sauce pan.
- Add the grated cheddar, Mozzarella, and whipping cream. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook the mixture at a very low temperature to melt the cheese, stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Peel the fruit. Remove the pits from the mangoes. Using a handheld juicer, squeeze the fruit over the cheese, letting the juice and small fruit pieces fall into the pan. Stir the mixture again.
- Add the tarragon and turmeric. Continue stirring until the sauce is smooth and the cheese has melted.
- Toast the English muffins.
- In a frying pan, brown the ham steak. Cut the ham steak into pieces to fit on top of the English muffins. Spinach may be substituted for the ham if desired.
- Fill a pan with water and bring it to a boil. Crack each egg over the water, allowing the egg to gently fall in. Poach for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Lift the egg out using a slotted spoon. The egg white should be cooked but the yolk should still be liquid.
- Place each poached egg on top of an English muffin with ham (or spinach).
- Pour the Mornay sauce over the eggs and you are ready to try an extraordinary meal!
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.