Dr. JJ’s Chipotle Bacon Caramel Corn
- 1 package bacon (I like applewood smoked or pepper bacon)
- ¾ cup popcorn kernels – air popped
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped chipotle in adobo
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 TB honey
- First we will mix the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and honey together and heat to boiling. Don’t forget to stir frequently as the sugar can burn.
- Take it off the heat, and stir in the bacon and chipotle pepper puree.
- Pour it over the popcorn, mix well, and put into baking sheets sprayed with a little oil, and bake at 300 for about 45-60 minutes, until crisp.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Place on paper towels and once cool to touch, chop into coarse pieces and place in the freezer. You’ll have about a cup.
- Pop kernels over the stove or in an air popper, then set aside.
- Puree peppers in a food processor or chop finely until resembles a paste.
- Bring brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and honey to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
Watch the Video >>
Return to Episode Guide >>
Board certified pediatrician Dr. JJ Levenstein, MD, FAAP Take parenting classes instructed by Dr. Levenstein online by visiting www.momassembly.com. To learn more about parents' concerns with kids go to her Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheMDMoms. Also, find helpful parenting products at the website Dr. Levenstein co-founded and serves as president of, www.mdmoms.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.