Dr. JJ Levenstein's Roasted Pumpkin Butter
- 2 cups pumpkin meat cubed, peeled, seeds removed (or can substitute butternut squash or other winter squash)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp (pinch) salt
- 2-3 TB lemon, pomegranate or orange
- Lightly oil a sheet pan and place cubed pumpkin on it.
- Roast at 350 degrees F until fork tender (about 20-30 minutes). Let cool.
- Place cooled, cooked pumpkin in a food processor, add pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, a pinch of salt, and 1 tablespoon of the juice. Puree until smooth and adjust the taste by adding more lemon, pomegranate, or orange juice until perfect for you. Cover and refrigerate until used.
- Spread a generous amount of pumpkin butter onto a slice of Cranberry Pumpkin seed bread.
- If desired, top with a dollop of ricotta or cream cheese, drizzle with maple syrup, and top with pomegranate or pumpkin seeds.
Take parenting classes instructed by board certified pediatrician Dr. JJ Levenstein, MD, FAAP online by visiting www.momassembly.com. To learn more about parents' concerns with kids go to her Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheMDMoms. Also, find helpful parenting products at the website Dr. Levenstein co-founded and serves as president of, www.mdmoms.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.