Directions for Fries
1. Slice the potatoes into 1/4-inch thick sticks and put in a bowl of cold water.
2. Rinse the sliced potatoes in cold water then place back into a bowl of cold water.
3. Refrigerate for 2 hours or as long as overnight.
4. Heat the canola oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat to 345 degrees F. 5. Remove the potatoes from water to a sheet tray lined with paper towels and pat dry.
6. Working in 2 batches, fry the potatoes for 5 minutes, then remove them to a sheet tray lined with paper towels.
7. Let cool to room temperature.
8. Raise the heat of the oil to 360 degrees F.
9. Fry the potatoes a second time, in 2 batches, until golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes.
10. Remove to a sheet tray lined with paper towels.
In a small bowl combine the salt, pepper, and paprika. Transfer the fries to a serving bowl,
sprinkle with the salt mixture and serve.
Directions for Dipping Sauce
1. Mix together, dip and enjoy