1) Carefully cut out stem of cabbage
2) Cook cabbage in large pot of water (cabbage should be fully submerged)
3) Cover and bring to a boil over medium high heat
4) As soon as water begins to boil and cabbage begins to open up, use 2 large spoons to slowly remove each leaf without tearing
5) Put cabbage leaves in large pan/dish
6) Continue until all cabbage leaves have been removed
7) Save 1 cup of cabbage broth for later
8) Combing grated onion, ground beef (or turkey), rice, 1 egg, parsley, 2 tbsp of olive oil, cumin (optional), salt, and pepper in large mixing boil and mix well w/ clean hands. Set aside.
9) Slice 1 inch or so off the bottom of each cabbage leaf and discard
10) Place 1tbsp of meat mixture in the center of cabbage leaf
11) Fold in each side and roll up like burrito
12) Continue w/ remaining leafs
13) Line bottom of a large, deep stockpot w/ the remainder of cabbage leaves
14) Line all the stuffed cabbage rolls in the pot
15) Layer with 2tbsps of olive oil and broth
16) Gently lay a heatproof plate on top of the rolls
17) Cover and cook over medium high heat for 60 minutes or until the rice and beef (or turkey) are fully cooked.
18) In separate bowl beat 2 eggs w/ whisk until frothy
19) Mix in lemon juice and 1 cup of cabbage broth
20) Pour mixture over cabbage rolls when done cooking
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page
Make sure you check out Debbie's cookbook "It All Greek to Me" for more delicious recipes!