Steps for Hotdogs
1. Wrap bacon around Hot dog.
2. Place Hot Dog in a pan , on a grill or under broiler turning regularly for 5- 7 minutes until 150o internal temp is reached, and the bacon is to your desired crispiness.
3. Brown the Bun on the griddle using Clarified Butter
4. Place Bacon-Wrapped Dog in Bun
5. Add 2T Onions on top of dog, end to end
6. Add 4-5 Pickled Jalapeños on top of dog, end to end
7. Zig-zag Chipotle Mayo from end to end
8. Sprinkle 1T Cotija Cheese, in a line, from end to end
Steps for Dog Haus Buns
1. In a sautee pan over medium high heat melt oil and butter.
2. Add onions and sauté until golden brown in color but still retaining some texture.
3. Season with salt and pepper
Steps for Pickled Jalapenos
1. First, prepare your peppers: Wear gloves to prevent your fingers from feeling burned. For less spicy pickles, use a paring knife to remove the jalapeno membranes and seeds before slicing (this is a lot of work, so I just pulled out the larger membranes from my sliced pickles). Slice the pickles thin with a mandoline or chef's knife. If you're still concerned about the spice level of the pickles, run the sliced jalapeños under running water in a colander to try to knock off any remaining seeds. (Beware, those pepper fumes made me cough.)
2. Combine the prepared peppers and smashed garlic in a 28-ounce (1.75 pints) or larger glass jar. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, honey and salt. Bring the mixture close to a boil on the stove, stirring occasionally to dissolve the sweetener into the liquid. Remove from heat and carefully pour the liquid over the peppers. Use a butter knife to pock down the peppers so they all fit and there aren't any hidden air pockets.
3. Let the pickles cool to room temperature in the jar, then screw on a lid and refrigerate the pickles. Depending on how thinly you sliced the peppers, they could be ready to eat immediately or might need a couple of days in the refrigerator before they taste fully pickled (just sample one every now and then to find out!). They are best when relatively fresh, but keep well for at least a month.
Steps for Chipotle Aioli
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside to allow flavors to develop.
Dog Haus Würstmacher Adam Gertler will be announcing the winner of a Fuego Gas Grill on Sunday, April 10th. Fans and folks interested in entering can look out for details on Adam’s Instagram handle @AdamGertler.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page