Dog Haus Grand Slam Hot Dog
- 4 All beef hot dogs (or veggie, turkey or whatever you like)
- 4 Smoked bacon slices, cooked and held warm in 160°oven
- 20 Tater tots, fried or baked, held warm in 160° oven
- 12 Hawaiian rolls cut in sections of 3 so that 3 connected rolls make 1 bun
- 3TButter, softened at room temperature
- 4 Eggs, cracked in individual bowls; yolks can be separated and replaced for perfect “bullseye” effect.
- Salt and pepper to top egg
- 2T Maple syrup
- 2T Sriracha sauce
1) In a skillet over medium heat, cook hot dogs, turning occasionally until internal temperature of 160° is reached. Transfer to a warm oven awaiting assembly.
2) Spread butter evenly over each Hawaiian “hot dog bun” on the “naked” side. In a non-stick pan over medium high heat cook Hawaiian rolls buttered side down until golden brown.
3) In a non-stick pan, over medium high heat, cook eggs one at a time in 1 tsp. of melted butter until “sunny side up”, with the white fully cooked and the yolk runny. Transfer each egg to a sheet pan (lined with a silpat) and keep warm in the oven for assembly.
4) Combine maple syrup and sriracha; set aside
1) Place a hot dog in each bun.
2) Set bacon alongside the hot dog.
3) Line up 5 tots per dog and press lightly with the edge of a chef knife. Place line of tots on the dog
4) Spread 1T of maple-sriracha along the tots
5) Top with fried egg and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Check out more delicious recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page