DIY Thanksgiving Meals for your Pets
- 2 lbs Organic Ground Turkey
- 1 cup Cooked Quinoa (or Brown Rice)
- 1 Small Sweet Potato
- 1/2 cup fresh Cranberries
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup of spinach
- 2 Tb finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tb turmeric powder
- 1 egg
- Coconut Oil
1) Cook Quinoa or Brown Rice, using 1-tablespoon coconut oil and water.
2) Using a Food Processor, puree the spinach, zucchini, green beans with 1/2 cup of water until you get a nutritious green veggie mush. Set aside.
3) Using a large bowl, add the organic ground turkey along with 1 cup of cooked quinoa.
4) Add 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, along with 2 tablespoons turmeric powder for seasoning.
5) Crack an egg into bowl, and pour in your green veggie mash.
6) Begin mixing with a wooden spoon; use your hands to evenly combine all ingredients.
7) Cut a small sweet potato into cubes, and add to mixture.
8) Add 1/2 cup fresh washed cranberries, either into the mixture, or save for decoration on top.
9) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
10) Once mixture is combined, use coconut oil to coat a loaf pan, muffin tins, a bone shaped pan or whatever you'd like to use.
11) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, checking the inside to make sure it is cooked through.
12) Cool at room temperature for approx. 1 hour, then promptly refrigerate, freeze, or serve.
Check out more recipes at the Home & Family Pinterest Page