Diane Ladd’s Southern Japanese Dish
• 1 cup Basmati Rice
• 1 Cup Vegetable Broth • 1 Cup water Diane Ladd’s Southern Japanese Dish
(Cut all vegetables into small bite size pieces)
• 1 Turnip • 1 Rutabaga • Large handful of Carrots • Large Handful of green beans (Cut off ends and into ½ inch pieces) • ½ Onions • 1 Green Pepper • 1 ½ cup of Broccoli • 1 ½ cup of cauliflower • ¼ Red Cabbage (shredded) • 2 zucchini • ½ eggplant • Package of Tofu • Tamari Sauce • Water • Olive or Peanut Oil • 1 small bag spinach • 1 small bag shredded mozzarella (low fat) Start cooking the rice, use 1 cup water and 1 cup of Vegetable broth for the 1 cup of Rice. Recipe:
- Bring a Medium Electric Skillet to High heat.
- Cover the bottom of the electric skillet with Olive oil and add hard vegetables (Carrots, onions, turnips, rutabaga, green peppers, and green beans).
- Add Tamari Sauce to the top of the vegetables and ¾ cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and turn down to simmer. (Stirring occasionally)
- Add Broccoli, Cauliflower, zucchini, red cabbage, tofu, eggplant.
- Add Water and cook until all vegetables are soft (stirring occasionally and adding tamari sauce and water when needed).
- Lay spinach on top of the fully cooked vegetables, Lay mozzarella on top of the vegetables and spinach and cook until melted.
* Serve on top of cooked rice.