Devin Alexander's Power Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into ¾-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon + ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste, divided
- ¾ cup fat free plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped whole green onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Pepper, to taste
You save: 282 calories, 30 g fat, 5 g saturated fat
- Place the potatoes in a large pot. Add enough cold water to exceed the top of the potatoes by 2 inches. Place the pot over high heat and add one teaspoon of the salt. Bring the water to a boil and cook them uncovered until they are just tender through, approximately 20-25 minutes. Drain the potatoes in a colander and allow them to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the onions, parsley, tarragon, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and stir them until combined.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large bowl and pour the dressing over them. Mix them well with a wooden spoon, breaking some of the potatoes, so that some of them are a bit mashed and the ingredients are well combined. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least one hour or up to 1 day.
Makes 6 servings. Each serving (about 1 scant cup) has: 157 calories, 4 g protein, 28 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat, trace saturated fat, <1 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 267 mg sodium Traditional Potato Salad has: 439 calories, 9 g protein, 27 g carbohydrates, 33 g fat, 6 g saturated fat, 287 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 833 mg sodium Recipe courtesy of "Healthy Decadence with Devin Alexander" on Discovery Health & FitTV. www.devinalexander.com
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.