Devin Alexander's Frozen Blueberry Margarita
- 3 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ cup gold or silver tequila
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup light agave nectar
- 24 ice cubes
- 4 lime wedges for garnish (optional)
Though I've maintained a huge weight loss over the years, I confess that I still balk at giving up the occasional margarita. I know that most of the ones served at restaurants are full of sugar and calories, so I make my own lower-cal version at home. And because blueberries are the "star," you even get some fiber and antioxidant punch!
Before you start making the drinks, it's important to have all the ingredients ready. You don't want the blueberries and ice to melt while you're squeezing lemons and limes. If desired, you can rim your serving glass with lime juice and salt.
- Add the blueberries, tequila, lemon and lime juices, agave, and ice to a blender with ice-crushing ability.
- Blend on high until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the margaritas among four 12-ounce glasses and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings Per serving: 188 calories, < 1 g protein, 33 g carbohydrates (27 g sugar), < 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, < 1 g sodium Recipe Credit: Reprinted from "The Biggest Loser Dessert Cookbook" by Devin Alexander © 2010 by Universal Studios Licensing LLLP. "The Biggest Loser" (TM) and NBC Studios, Inc., and Reveille LLC. Permission granted by Rodale, Inc., Emmaus, PA 18098. Available wherever books are sold. www.devinalexander.com
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.