Cristina prepares a fresh and flavorful salad from the Cedar Cove cookbook!
- 3 medium flour tortillas, each cut into 16 wedges
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 ears corn, kernels scraped from cob
- 1 pound chuck
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from 2 limes
- ¾ Cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- ¼ Cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 Cups iceberg lettuce, torn or chopped into 2-inch pieces (about ½ pound)
- 1 small avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into thin wedges
Preheat oven 350°F. Spread tortilla wedges in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet; drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Bake about 10 minutes until crisp. Turning once.
Remove from oven and let cool
Warm 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add corn kernels; cook 3 minutes, stirring until slightly charred on both sides.
Over medium heat, cook beef 6 minutes (until no longer pink) stirring often. Stir in charred corn, beans, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and ½ lime juice.
In a small bowl, whisk yogurt or sour cream along with the remaining lime juice and cilantro, blend well
In a large serving bowl, toss lettuce and avocado. Nestle beef mixture in center of salad.
Drizzle with yogurt dressing
Garnish servings with tortillas.
Find out more about Debbie's Macomber's Cedar Cove Cookbook >>
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.