Cuban Shepherd's Cupcakes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 6 large green olives stuffed with pimentos, chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon capers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 packets Sazon Goya
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup cooking wine
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt to taste
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 stick of cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup of warm milk, or less. Eyeball it
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Mexican Cheese, chopped
Directions for the Picadillo:
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat; cook and stir garlic, onion, and green bell pepper in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add ground turkey into a pan & and stir until browned completely.
- Stir in olives, cranberries, capers, tomato paste, water, Sazon Goya, cumin, cloves, & salt
- Cover the pan, reduce heat & cook until water has evaporated, about 5 - 10 minutes.
Directions for Potatoes:
- Fill cold water in a pot, add potatoes, add salt & bring to a boil about 20 minutes.
- Drain water, add butter
- Mash potato & butter
- While mashing potato heat milk in microwave for 40 seconds
- Pour milk slowly into potato & butter mixture while mashing to the texture you prefer
- Add salt & pepper to taste
Directions for Assembly:
- 12 cup muffin tin
- Foil Cupcake liners
- Preheat oven to 375
- Add liners into tins, keep paper liner in the aluminum liner
- Fill bottom with picadillo, pipe or scoop potatoes on top of picadillo & top potatoes with shredded Parmesan, bake for 30-40 minutes
- Cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes, remove cupcakes loosening them out of tin with a fork.
- Garnish with bacon, scallion & cheese
- Serve or freeze remaining & ENJOY!!!
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.