Chef Manouschka Guerrier shows off a delicious recipe perfect for dinnertime!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced, or more to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 6 large green olives stuffed with pimentos, chopped
- 1/2 cup cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon capers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 packets Sazon Goya
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ cup cooking wine
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- salt to taste
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 stick of cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup of warm milk, or less. Eyeball it
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of Shredded Mexican Cheese, chopped
Directions for the Picadillo:
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat; cook and stir garlic, onion, and green bell pepper in the hot oil until onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
Add ground turkey into a pan & and stir until browned completely.
Stir in olives, cranberries, capers, tomato paste, water, Sazon Goya, cumin, cloves, & salt
Cover the pan, reduce heat & cook until water has evaporated, about 5 - 10 minutes.
Directions for Potatoes:
Fill cold water in a pot, add potatoes, add salt & bring to a boil about 20 minutes.
Drain water, add butter
Mash potato & butter
While mashing potato heat milk in microwave for 40 seconds
Pour milk slowly into potato & butter mixture while mashing to the texture you prefer
Add salt & pepper to taste
Directions for Assembly:
12 cup muffin tin
Foil Cupcake liners
Preheat oven to 375
Add liners into tins, keep paper liner in the aluminum liner
Fill bottom with picadillo, pipe or scoop potatoes on top of picadillo & top potatoes with shredded Parmesan, bake for 30-40 minutes
Cool on cooling rack for 10 minutes, remove cupcakes loosening them out of tin with a fork.
Garnish with bacon, scallion & cheese
Serve or freeze remaining & ENJOY!!!
Return to Episode Guide >>
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.