*Matt changed recipe for less pork and added chicken.
- 1 lb. pork shoulder trimmed of fat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb. chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¾ cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 cans (28 oz each) whole tomatillos, drained
- 3 large onions, chopped (3 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) Old El Paso® chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 can (29 oz) white hominy, drained, rinsed
- Sour cream, if desired
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- Sliced jalapeño chilies, if desired
- Sliced radishes, if desired
- Spray 5 to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle pork with 1 teaspoon of the cumin, salt, and pepper.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add half of the pork; cook about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides.
- Remove pork with slotted spoon; place in slow cooker.
- Repeat with remaining pork.
- Add broth to skillet; cook 1 minute, scraping to loosen brown particles.
- Pour into slow cooker.
- Place tomatillos in food processor. Cover; process until smooth.
- Add to slow cooker. Stir in onions, garlic, green chilies, sugar, and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin. Cover; cook on low heat setting for 6 hours.
- Stir hominy into slow cooker. Cover; cook 1 hour longer.
- Garnish individual servings with sour cream, cilantro, jalapeños, and radishes.
Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 15 oz. can pumpkin
- 12 oz. can of evaporated milk
- ½ cup of Bisquick mix
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Whisk together all ingredients.
- Pour into crock pot coated with cooking spray.
- Cook on low for 5 - 5½ hours.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/hallmarkchannel.