Cristina's Pink Champagne Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- Liquid red food color
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups sifted powder sugar
- Pinch of table salt
- Pink Champagne
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Reduce champagne in a medium saucepan over high heat until it measures 3/4 cup, about 20 minutes.
4. Chill 1/2 cup reduced champagne; set 1/4 cup aside for the icing.
Whisk & Cream
1. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a bowl, set aside.
2. Cream 1/2 cup sugar, shortening and liquid red food color (if desired) in a bowl with a mixer on medium speed.
3. Gradually mix in 1/2 cup reduced champagne.
4. The shortening will look curled. Add flour mixture and mix until incorporated into a soft dough.
Scoop & Roll
1. Scoop cookie dough with a scoop (about 2tsp.).
2. Roll cookies in granulated sugar to coat.
3. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and gently flatten with the bottom of a glass or measuring cup dipped in sugar.
4. Bake cookies until edges are set, 12-15 minutes.
For The Icing
1. Whisk powdered sugar, the remaining 1/4 cup reduced champagne, and pinch of salt in a bowl until combined.
2. Dip tops of cookies into icing and let stand until icing sets.
3. Decorate cookies with cake sprinkles, decorating sugar, or pearlized sugar if desired.
Get more of Cristina's recipe's here: www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.