Cristina’s Macaroni ‘n Cheese with Truffle Oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3-1/2 cups warm milk
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cracked pepper
- 3 cups shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces goat cheese, cut up
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil (optional)
- 8 ounces of your favorite macaroni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, and mix to form a roux. Add half of the warm milk, and mix well, using a whisk to make sure you get the ingredients off the sides and bottom of the saucepan. Add the rest of the milk.
- Using a wooden spoon, continuously stir the sauce until it begins to thicken and tiny bubbles form on the sides (5 to 6 minutes). Do not boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Add cheddar cheese and goat cheese. Mix until the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is smooth. Add the truffle oil, (optional) and mix well. Cover and set aside.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Preheat the broiler. Spray a 4-quart casserole dish or pie plate with cooking spray.
- Place the cooked and drained macaroni in a large bowl, and pour the cheese mixture over it, mixing well. Spoon the mixture into the casserole.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top, and broil until the top is crusty and golden about 6 to 10 minutes . Watch carefully, to be sure it doesn’t burn.
- Serve immediately.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.