Cristina’s Gingerbread Cookies in a Jar
To decorate the jar you will need:
1 quart Mason jar
Baker’s twine or ribbon Fabric Scissors Hole punch Gingerbread man cookie cutter For jar contents you will need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1-teaspoon baking powder 1-teaspoon baking soda 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 2 teaspoons ground ginger 1-teaspoon ground cloves 1-teaspoon ground cinnamon 1-teaspoon ground allspice 1 cup packed brown sugar Directions For Putting Ingredients In Jar:
1. Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking soda and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
2. In another bowl, mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and allspice.
3. Place your funnel inside your 1-quart canning jar. Add flour and baking powder mixture.
4. Tamp the mixture (you can use the rubber end of a turkey baster.) I cannot emphasize this step enough. If you don’t tamp each layer the contents will not fit properly in your jar.
5. Place funnel inside the rim of the jar and add your brown sugar.
6. Tamp brown sugar.
7. Add about 1/3 of the flour and spice mixture.
9. Add a few more heaping spoonfuls and tamp. Repeat process until all the mixture is in the jar.
10. Add lid.
11. Cut out a 7.5 inch by 7.5-inch square of fabric and your tag.
12. Tie tag and cookie cutter onto the jar using baker’s twine or ribbon. That’s it!