Shallot Vinaigrette Ingredients
• 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
• 1 Tbsp. finely chopped shallot
• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
• 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
• 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• ½ tsp. kosher salt
• 8 leaves of romaine lettuce
• 8 leaves of red lettuce
• 28 sprigs of watercress
• 1 cucumber, sliced thinly
• 20 fresh basil leaves
• 16 parsley stems, leaves pulled off, stems discarded
• A handful of wild or baby arugula
• 24 fresh mint leaves
• 2 pieces of frisee lettuce, torn
• Pinch each of kosher salt and black pepper
• 4 to 5 edible flowers
• Ribbon to tie your bouquet together and form a bow
- Place 4 serving plates in the freezer.
Make the dressing:
- Combine the mustard and shallot in a bowl, and whisk in the olive oil slowly.
- Continue to whisk to incorporate all the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar and lemon juice.
- Whisk to blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add salt and whisk.
To start your bouquet
- Place two pieces of romaine on top of each other and fan them out.
- Place two pieces of red leaf on top of the romaine.
- You now have your base and can begin filling your bouquet.
- Add 7 sprigs of watercress, 5 cucumber slices, 5 basil leaves, 1/4 of the parsley leaves, a few sprigs of arugula and 6 mint leaves.
- Wrap the bottom part of the bouquet with ribbon and tie a bow.
- Repeat for the remaining salads.
- Remove the plates from the freezer and gently lift your bouquets onto the plates.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing over each bouquet.
- Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt and black pepper.
- Place the edible flowers on top of the finished bouquets.
You can purchase edible flowers at a farmer’s market or a specialty store or at Marx Foods