Cristina's Antipasto Pizza and Arugula Salad
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 cup pepperoncini, drained, trimmed, and sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (1lb) ball pizza dough
- 6 Tbsp. prepared pesto
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, quartered, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 ounces salami, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, rinsed, patted dry, and chopped
- 1 bag (5 ounces) bag arugula
1. Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position, place rimmed baked sheet on rack, and heat oven to 500 degrees.
2. Combine olives, pepperoncini, and 2 tablespoons oil in large bowl and set aside.
3. Divide dough into 2 equal pieces.
4. On lightly floured work surface, roll each piece into 10-inch circle.
5. Heat 1-tablespoon oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering.
6. Add 1 dough round to skillet; reduce heat to medium, and cook until golden brown and crisp, up to 2 minutes per side.
7. Transfer to wire rack and repeat with remaining oil and dough.
8. Spread each crust with 3 tablespoons pesto and evenly top each with cheese slices.
9. Evenly distribute meats, peppers, and half of olive mixture over each crust.
10. Transfer pizzas to preheated baking sheet and bake until dough is cooked through and cheese is melted, 6-8 minutes.
11. Meanwhile, add arugula to bowl with remaining olive mixture, and toss to coat.
12. Top each pizza with 1 cup of arugula mixture.
13. Serve pizza with remaining arugula mixture.
Tips for Antipasto Pizza with Arugula Salad:
- Start with pizza dough and precook it partially to shorten cooking time in oven.
- Skillet precooking the dough also ensure extra crisp crust for a topping heavy pizza. - Counter strong flavored toppings with a more mild sauce. Get more of Cristina's recipes here: www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.