Makes 2 Omelets
Pre-heat oven to 175
1. Cube the butter into small pieces and place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
2. Crack 2 whole eggs plus one egg yolk into medium bowl add a pinch of salt and pepper. (Save the whites for an egg white omelet.)
3. Poke the yolks with the fork to break them then beat until well combined.
4. Add in one tablespoon of the butter from the freezer and stir in.
5. Spray an 8-inch skillet generously with cooking spray, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and swirl.
6. Turn the heat to low, pour in egg mixture.
7. When the sides of the pan start to solidify push them inward gently using a spatula, tilt the pan and let the uncooked eggs pour into the bottom of the pan. Keep doing this gently until the eggs have stopped running, the top will still be uncooked.
8. Shake the pan back and forth to loosen the eggs. Once they slide back and forth smoothly gently flip over using a metal spatula.
9. Turn off the heat and remove the pan from the heat source.
10. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of the cheese over the eggs and add the bacon if you are using it.
11. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of parsley and a few strips of the basil.
12. Place a paper towel on a cutting board.
13. Use a metal spatula to help you slide the omelet out of the pan onto the paper towel with 1/4 of it from the top off the towel.
14. Start from the bottom of the paper towel and lift to gently roll the eggs into a cylinder.
15. Place on a warm plate and into the oven while you make the second omelet.