- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots
- ½ pound white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms slicked thin
- 8 shitake mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt and cracked pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups warm milk
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound linguine, broken in half
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (for pasta). In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over high heat. Add shallots, and sauté for 5 minutes, Add all the mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until tender and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
- Make sauce: In same saucepan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add flour; cook, whisking, about 1 minute. Whisking constantly, gradually add warm milk and broth, and wine. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and add 2 cups Parmesan and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package instructions for al dente; drain and return to pot. Add sauce, chicken, peas, and mushrooms. Toss well to combine. Divide between two shallow 2-quart baking dishes; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Freeze (see below) or bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Watch the video>>
Click here to get your copy of Cristina's cookbook, "Big Bowl of Love."
We love to hear your questions and comments, so keep asking. Visit facebook.com/homeandfamilyshow. Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv! Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.
Return to episode guide>>