Cristina Ferrare's Chicken Tetrazzini Casserole
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 shallots
- ½ pound white mushrooms, trimmed and sliced ¼ inch thick
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms slicked thin
- 8 shitake mushrooms sliced thin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt and cracked pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups warm milk
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth, warmed
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 pound linguine, broken in half
- 1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and drained
- Preheat oven to 400. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (for pasta). In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over high heat. Add shallots, and sauté for 5 minutes, Add all the mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing frequently, until tender and browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
- Make sauce: In same saucepan, melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add flour; cook, whisking, about 1 minute. Whisking constantly, gradually add warm milk and broth, and wine. Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and add 2 cups Parmesan and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta 2 minutes less than package instructions for al dente; drain and return to pot. Add sauce, chicken, peas, and mushrooms. Toss well to combine. Divide between two shallow 2-quart baking dishes; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Freeze (see below) or bake until browned, about 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
We love to hear your questions and comments, so keep asking. Visit facebook.com/homeandfamilyshow. Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv! Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.