- Kosher salt
- 1¾ lb. (6-7 cups) cauliflower florets (from 1 medium head)
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup roasted and salted almonds, finely chopped
- ¼ cup jarred roasted red peppers, rinsed, seeded, and finely diced
- 2 ½ Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh mint, chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
You can make the soup up to 4 hours ahead and the relish up to 1 hour ahead.
Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a 4-quart pot over high heat. Add 1 tsp. salt, add the cauliflower, and boil until very tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
Drain in a colander set over a large bowl to catch the cooking liquid and let the cauliflower cool slightly.
Put cauliflower in oven to caramelize. Roast at 400 degrees F with 1 Tbs. olive oil drizzled over it for about 20 minutes.
Working in two batches, puree each batch of cauliflower with 2 cups of the cooking liquid, 2 Tbs. of the butter, and 2 Tbs. of the olive oil in a blender until very smooth. Season to taste with salt.
In a small bowl, combine the almonds, peppers, oil, mint, garlic, and pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, gently reheat the soup over medium-low heat. Garnish each serving with a spoonful of the relish.
Drizzle 1 to 2 tsp. of olive oil over each bowl.
Watch the video>>
Click here to get your copy of Cristina Ferrare's cookbook, "Big Bowl of Love." Get additional recipes from Cristina at www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.
Get more great recipes and crafts by visiting us on Pinterest at pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv and follow "Home & Family" on Twitter @homeandfamilytv and Facebook. Plus, check out our YouTube channel for backstage videos.
Return to episode guide>>