Cristina Ferrare’s Berry Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust:
**Tip You Can Also Use Oreo Or Ginger Snaps For The Crust.
1-1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4-cup sugar 1/4-teaspoon cinnamon 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted Ingredients For The Filling:
3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1-cup sugar 3 large eggs, at room temperature 1/2-cup sour cream, at room temperature 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1-tablespoon vanilla extract 1-1//4 cups sour cream, at room temperature 3 tablespoons sugar Ingredients Raspberry Coulis:
2 quarts raspberries
1/2-cup sugar 1 cup fresh orange juice Topping The Cheesecake With Fresh Berries:
2 pints fresh raspberries arrange beautifully over the cake
The Cheesecake Filling
1. Preheat oven to 325 F
2. mix the cream cheese for two minutes, stopping twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add 1 cup of sugar in an even stream, and mix for 2 more minutes, until light and fluffy. Remember to stop at least twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, processing after each addition to incorporate thoroughly, and scrape down the bowl each time.
5. Add the 1/2 cup of sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla.
6. Process until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
7. Pour the filling into the crust, and spread evenly in the pan.
8. Lift the pan and tap it on the counter several times to release any bubbles in the batter.
9. Bake for 1 hour, or until the top is set.10. Use a toothpick; if it comes out clean, the cake is done. If it still wiggles in the middle, you need to bake it more. Do not overbake.
Sour Cream Spread For The Top Of The Cheesecake1. While the cheesecake is baking, combine the 1-1/4 cups sour cream and 3 tablespoons sugar.
2. Spread this mixture over the cheesecake immediately after removing it from the oven.
3. Return the cake to the oven for 5 minutes to set.
4. Cool completely on a wire rack, then cover with aluminum foil and freeze overnight.
5. Take the cheesecake out of the freezer the morning you are going to serve it.
6. After 1 hour, release and remove the pan sides.7. Place it back into the refrigerator until ready to serve!
Raspberry Coulis: 1. Bring to boil 5-10 minutes. 2. Sift to get seeds out