Cristina Cooks: "Taste of Home Recipes Across America"
Chesapeake Crab DIP
Ingredients• 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened • 1 cup (8 oz) sour cream • 1 tablespoon lemon juice • 1 teaspoon ground mustard • 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning • ⅛ teaspoon garlic salt • 3 cans (6 oz. each) lump crabmeat, drained • ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese • ⅛ teaspoon paprika • Crackers, rye bread, or veggies
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, seafood seasoning and garlic salt.
- Fold in crab.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- Bake at 325° for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and serve!
Mamie Eisenhower’s FudgeIngredients • 1 tablespoon plus ½ cup butter, divided • 3 milk chocolate candy bars (two 7 ounces, one 1.55 ounces), broken into pieces • 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips • 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme • 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk • 4 ½ cups sugar • 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Line a 13x9 inch pan with foil and butter the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heat-proof bowl, combine the candy bars, chocolate chips and marshmallow creme; set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the milk, sugar and remaining butter. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 4 ½ minutes. Pour over chocolate mixture; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and creamy. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan; cut into 1-inch squares. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Holiday AlmondsIngredients • ½ cup packed brown sugar • 1 teaspoon apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice • ½ teaspoon curry powder • ¼ teaspoon salt • 1 tablespoon egg white • 2 cups blanched almonds
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and seasonings, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk egg white until foamy.
- Add almonds; toss to coat.
- Add spice mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread the almonds on a greased foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
"Taste of Home" is the #1 food and entertaining magazine in the world, with 3.2 million readers. Each year, "Taste of Home" receives more than 11,000 ideas and recipe submissions from real home cooks across the country. Just under 2,000 recipes are tested and then featured in "Taste of Home" magazines, cookbooks, and on tasteofhome.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.
Click here to get your copy of Cristina's cookbook, "
Big Bowl of Love"