Cristina Cooks "Taste of Home" Hors d'oeuvres
Tuscan Sausage & Bean Deep
Ingredients:Yield: 16 servings (1/4 cup each)
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
• 1 pound bulk hot Italian sausage • 1 medium onion, finely chopped • 4 garlic cloves, minced • ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth • ½ teaspoon dried oregano • ¼ teaspoon salt • ¼ teaspoon dried thyme • 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened • 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped • 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained • 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese • ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese Assorted crackers or toasted French bread baguette slices
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in wine, oregano, salt and thyme.
- Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted.
- Stir in spinach, beans and tomatoes; cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in.-square or 1-½-qt. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with crackers.
Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites
Ingredients:Yield: about 2-½ dozen.
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
• ¼ cup butter, melted • ½ teaspoon salt • ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper • ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon • 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes • ½ cup packed brown sugar • 1 pound bacon strips, halved • Maple syrup, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and seasonings.
- Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place brown sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Wrap one-piece bacon around each sweet potato cube; secure with a toothpick.
- Dip each side in brown sugar.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sweet potato is tender.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Get more great recipes from "Taste of Home" magazine at tasteofhome.com.
Get more great crafts and recipes from "Home & Family" on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/homeandfamilytv.
Click here to get your copy of Cristina's cookbook, " Big Bowl of Love"